I have been hearing and reading a lot of great reviews on the Borghese pro brush set from Costco. I was very curious at the quality and at a price of $29.99 for 10 brushes and a brush bag, I thought I woud give it a try. I have used it for about 2 weeks and washed it twice.
The set includes:
1. Powder kabuki brush – LOVE!!! So soft!
2. Angled contour brush – reminds me of MAC 168. Great contour brush.
3. Duo-Fiber blending brush – great for light application of blush or foundation.
4. Round foundation brush – LOVE! It is not your typical flat foundation brush. I love that it is round and dense. Great for liquid foundation.
5. Concealer brush – just another concealer brush. I prefer to use a brush like MAC 224 for concealer instead of a brush like this. I use mine for lipstick placement.
6. Eye powder fluff brush – for a blending brush, it is very large. I prefer to use it for the face instead of the eyes. I use it for highlighting.
7. Eyeshadow brush – also very large but great for product placement.
8. Angle eye contour brush – great crease brush.
9. Domed smudge brush – I usually use smudge brush to blend out eyeliner for a smoky look but in my opinion this brush is too large. You can use this brush for blending in the crease.
10. Angle eye/brow brush – great eyebrow brush.
11. Brush bag – an okay bag to carry your brushes. The kabuki brush will not fit in the bag.
Here are some pros and cons:
1. The handles are beautiful – I love that it is pewter instead of silver.
2. The brushes are soft.
3. So far no shedding.
4. Value – $29.99 at Costco, I ordered mine online and shipping were free.
5. Pick up products really well.
1. Chemical smell – clean them really well before use. I clean mine with a mix of antibacterial Dawn and olive oil.
For the value and the quality, I definitely recommend these brushes.