My husband and I have been married for 13 years and we have two beautiful daughters. Once in awhile we need to get away from the daily routines and the “beautiful children”. One of the things that we do to get away from the daily routines is go out on a date. Sometimes we take a day off from work, take the girls to daycare/school and spend the whole day with each other. Sometimes we get a sitter on a Friday or Saturday night and have a night out.
What do we like to do on a date night/day? Here are 5 of our favorite things to do.
1) Go to a comedy show. We have been to a few comedy shows; our favorite was the Tracy Morgan’s comedy show. He was so funny. We also like to go to a comedy club. There are not a lot of comedy clubs in San Diego but the one that we like is the Mad House Comedy Club. They always have a variety of comedians and it is always a funny show.
2) Dinner and a movie. I know, what so special about that? But those with children know how special it is to get to go to dinner and a movie without your children. We might even go get desserts and cocktails after the movie. Depending how adventurous we feel.
3) Dancing. This is my favorite! I love to dance! We use to go to the Gaslamp Quarter to go dancing but it has gotten really expensive to go dancing there. Average cost to get in a club is $20.00 and drinks are around $9-$12. To some that might not be expensive but when you have two children and with this economy, that is very expensive. Our favorite spot is now North Park. I didn’t realize that there are so many things to do in North Park.
4) Brunch and a movie. We do this when we take a day off from work and drop the kids off at daycare/school. We usually go to brunch at our favorite spot, Family House of Pancakes. We LOVE this restaurant! The food is great and inexpensive. The best time to go is on a weekday. They get super busy during the weekends; especially on Sundays! It seems that everyone goes there after church. After brunch, we go to an early showing of the movie that we want to see. It’s great to go early since the tickets are cheaper.
5) Nothing! That’s right! Nothing! We drop the kids at daycare/school, go home and do nothing! Well, not literally nothing. I will cook brunch for the two of us and we eat it in front of the TV. We will indulge ourselves with whatever is on DVR. Usually it is Law & Order SVU or a sporting event that we missed. Sometimes we order a movie on Pay-Per-View and sometimes we will actually get in the car and go to Blockbuster.
My husband and I LIKE each other! We like to be together. We can surf the channels and sit next to each other on the couch and be happy. We can be out in a club dancing and feel like we are the only two people there. We can get a bag of chips and sit on a bench at the pier and feel like we are the luckiest people in the world. Most of all we LOVE each other and appreciate our time together!